Well the time is here. The day has finally come to say goodbye to friends and family for 18 months. I have been counting the days since July for my turn to be a representative of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am ready. I am ready to be a missionary. I am ready to serve the people of Korea. I am ready to grow in this gospel and help others find the joy it can bring into their lives. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity right now. It is such an exciting time in my life and I cannot express enough gratitude for it.
I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church. I know that this gospel was restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith whom Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to calling him to be the prophet to restore Christ's Church in these last days. I know that God know and loves each of us. He is mindful of you. Pray to Him and He will listen. He loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to fulfill His word and set the greatest example for us all. I know that the atonement of Christ is real. I know He suffered for all our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and suffered on the cross at Calvary. I also know that Jesus Christ broke the bands of death and rose on the third day as a resurrected being. Jesus Christ lives. He and Heavenly Father still talk to man this day and will continue to do so. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet who is guided by our Heavenly Father to lead, guide and direct this Church.
This is such an exciting time to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is my time to dedicate myself to our Savior and represent Him. It is my time to help hasten this wondrous work that is coming forth. This is my time to share this gospel and let others experience the everlasting happiness that will come by living the doctrines of this gospel. I could not continue to live with the amazing gospel without the desire to share it. To let others have the opportunity to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, experience God's unconditional love, and know that one can be forgiven for their sins because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I am so excited, nervous, anxious, scared, and ready to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission. I know that God trusts me with this call and it is now my time to trust Him. It is His turn to use me as a tool in this wonderful church to bring others to Christ. I am ready to serve our Lord for these 18 months and for the rest of my life. I must humbly ask Him "May I serve Thee?" May I be an instrument in the works of the Lord.
Lord, take these hands. Let me use these hands to serve thee willingly.
Lord, take these ears. Let me hear thy words and humbly follow thee.
Lord, take these lips. Let the words I speak be formed at thy command.
Though I know I am weak and I know thy mighty power can to anything.
Simple gifts I now bring. To set before my Savior Lord and King.
May I serve thee?
May I Serve thee Lord?
May I humbly live for thee?
Farewell! I love you, each and everyone of you! I cannot thank you enough for all your love and support. See you in 18 months.
Love,
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
You will bring much joy and happiness to everyone, just as you bring joy and happiness to our family. We love you and will miss you. Love MoM
ReplyDelete