Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Letter - 5/19/14

Family and Friends,

Well there is another birthday this week!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST SISTER IN LAW IN THE WORLD MISS JO DRISCOLL! I am realizing as I have been able to wish my family members Happy Birthday that I truly can say to the best big sister because I only have one, to the best little sister  because I only have one, to the best sister-in-law because I only have one and so on! So I am being completely honest when I say these things. Anyways, Joelle Happy Birthday from Korea! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me and my sisters. We all look up to you so much! You have brought so much joy into our family and I cannot thank you enough! I hope you enjoy your birthday gift! Love you loads!

Well now as for me, Korea, and missionary work! This week was amazing! Tuesday night we had our final lesson with 심승연(Shim Seoun-Yeon) before her baptism. It was such a special lesson as the spirit was so strong as we asked her to bear a simple testimony and say the closing prayer. It was really special and her baptism was even more amazing. Sister Ward and I arrived at the church nice and early Saturday afternoon so we could get the font filled in time but we struggled with getting the water warm! I was a little stressed because I remember my baptism and how cold the water was and I definitely did not want that for 심승연 luckily we were able to get the water heater working. When she arrived she was just her quiet self but when she changed into the white dress she was glowing. We were able to take pictures with her and the young women who all accept her so well. It was such happy time. The actual baptism was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and after she received baptism I could just tell she was happier. The members just loved on her and gave her flowers and Sister Ward and I put together a gift for her to. She was so happy. Happier then I have ever seen her. It was interesting to watch after the baptism as the baton from the missionaries to the ward members was passed. I was kind of sad, I compare it to a Father giving a way his daughter at marriage, sad but so happy as a new life begins. I am really looking forward to the recent convert lessons with her and really focusing on strengthening her in order to endure to the end. She was a whole new person after her baptism. I don't think she noticed a big difference but I sure did. I am so grateful that I was able to witness one of God's children start on the path back to Him. This work is truly amazing and the Lord does it His way and in His timing. I am so grateful to be a part of it.

This week we had Zone Conference on Wednesday! It was the best ever. My Zone all traveled to the mission home and we went hiking to a place in Songpa called 남한산성 (I think that is the spelling). But anyways it's an old historical Korean Fortress where the Koreans defended themselves from the Chinese. It was really cool and so great to be out in nature viewing Korea. I cannot express how much I loved it!  We were told we would be going on a slightly strenuous hike and yes it was quite strenuous but beautiful! Our focus of the conference was Qualifying for the Work using Preach My Gospel Chapter 1.  As we continued having trainings and hiking we were able to accept that the way to qualify for this work is through faith, hope and charity. Faith, hope, charity, with an eye single to the glory of God qualifies us for the work or in other words consecration.  Our mission has been focusing alot the past month on becoming consecrated missionaries one step at a time and laying everything on the altar of sacrifice to show that Heavenly Father can trust us with His beautiful children in Korea. Love is our Motivation, Faith is our Action, and Hope is our desire.

While hiking up this mountain and going throughout the day I was able to witness something really special about my Mission President. Although we were holding a Zone Conference it did not stop him from talking to as many people as he could about the gospel. There were multiple times where I saw him sitting at a bench talking to a person about the gospel and bearing his personal witness of the truthfulness of our message. As I saw this I just thought to myself how lucky I am to be a part of this mission under his direction. What a role model he is to all the missionaries in the Korea Seoul South Mission.

I just want to thank each of you for all your love support and prayers. I cannot believe how time is flying by I mean I have almost been out 6 months!!! It's unreal and I still have so much to learn. I am so grateful to be in the Lord's service though. He is working through me in some way and that's all I could ever ask for. Everyday I receive blessings and everyday I am just in awe with what the Lord can do. I am so happy being a missionary. II love this life that I am living because it is creating the person God needs me to be! I love my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ who assist me and help me everyday. I am nothing without them in my life. I will always and forever need and rely on them. They are where my true strength lies.

This week we will be attending the temple and I am so excited. I love the temple and it truly is the Lord's house. I hope you will all have a great week and always remember to keep smiling because life is amazing and time goes by fast so we might as well be happy while living this short life of ours! I love and miss each of you!

Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment