Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Letter - 6/23/14

June 23, 2014
Family and Friends,

Wow another week has come and gone!  I can't believe it! Sister Ward and I woke up to a good thunder storm this morning. Rainy season has officially started. I hear rainy season is just a joy with the humidity too. Luckily the heat and humidity so far have not been too bad. I am surviving well and really praying for a mild summer.

I never knew that when I became a missionary it automatically qualified me as a singer!  This past week I have had singing lessons like crazy as Sister Ward and I were invited to sing with the Young Women for Ward Conference. We sang A Child's Prayer from the Primary Book. What a lovely song that is. And can I say how amazing the Korean people are with music. They are all so musically talented. And in about a month the primary of the stake and the missionaries will be putting on a spiritual concert type thing for people on the street. So my district well,  we have to have a special musical number and our options are hymns. I was chosen to sing alto and can I tell you how hard it is. I am not a singer but I am determined by the end of my mission with all this singing that I am doing it will make me one. Ciarra Jean a singer?! Who knew?!

Last Monday Sister Ward and I had the privilege of meeting a potential investigator for the first time! She is amazing and interested in the gospel. The first meeting is always so important. I was really nervous because you never really know what to expect. Well she ended up wanting to meet at our church and seems to be really interested in our message. We ended up talking a lot about God and prayer. She asked us if prayer helped us and oh boy does it ever! We are meeting with her again tonight! We will be starting the first lesson and I am really excited but nervous because I will be on exchange but I know that Heavenly Father will guide the lesson as I listen to the Spirit and act on the promptings he gives me.

Speaking of the Spirit. This month our mission is focusing on Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel Recognizing the Spirit. It is amazing the miracles that are seen when we completely give up our will and surrender to the Lord's. His will is always a lot better than our own anyways. I think of Nephi when he went to get the Brass Plates where he said "I was led by the Spirit not knowing beforehand what I should do". Often that's how each day is for Sister Ward and I. We pray for guidance and then act hoping the way we act is what God wanted but if it isn't He doesn't allow us to get very far without changing the route we were originally on. As I read the story of Nephi and his brethren returning to Jerusalem for the Brass Plates I realized that the Lord just doesn't hand things over like a present. He did not hand the Brass plates over the first time they went to King Laban.  Nephi and his brethren had to go back approximately 3 times to show their commitment and faithfulness to the Lord before they received the guidance and help from the Spirit. What I love though is once we do show our faith and commitment to our Heavenly Father He will not allow us to fail. NEVER EVER! He is our Father and wants us to succeed so once we trust in Him and allow Him to guide us we will only see success.

Life truly is great here in Korea. I know I say that weekly but I mean it. I am so happy and learning so much each and everyday. I am so grateful to be serving. Sometimes I wonder if God was in His right mind when He called me to serve as a missionary in Korea and to speak the Korean language I am so inadequate but I see Him work through me everyday qualifying me little by little each day. I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. Thank you to each of you for your love, support, and prayers. They give me strength and comfort to get through each day as I know I have so much support back home. I love and miss each of you! I hope you have an amazing week! Keep smiling because life is wonderful!

Love
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment