Family and Friends,
Well another week has come and gone and I don't even know where to start. Let me first start off by telling you how much I truly love being a missionary and how lucky I am to be a part of the Lord's great work even during the hard times which I love because they cause me to grow and draw closer to God each and everyday! This past week we had Zone Conference and the theme was "Live By the Spirit". We focused on 4 aspects of missionary work that the Spirit is absolutely without a doubt needed. The Holy Ghost is first of all one of the greatest gifts that our Heavenly Father has given us and sometimes we all need to be reminded that we have the gift of the Holy Ghost and that it can be with us at all times as long as we are living worthy of it's companionship. It brings peace, happiness, comfort, confirmation, and just a wonderful sense of belonging within your soul. But it speaks in a still small voice so small that if we are preoccupied with things of the world that we could miss it's wonderful promptings or companionship. In my father's words we must slow down and just listen. As we do that we can be more aware of the Spirit around us and block out those things of the world. The Holy Ghost changes our hearts and fills us with the desire to do what is right. We must be living everyday by the Spirit so we can qualify for all of its promised blessings. The Holy Ghost is the coach! As we gain confidence in the Holy Ghost and follow it's guidance we know that through it we cannot fail. I know that through the Holy Ghost we can do God's will and fulfill His purpose for us. As we live continually worthy of the Holy Ghost we can receive God's divine guidance for us personally and become what God truly sees in us.
This week Sister Stout and I worked so diligently but yet not a lot of success happened. I learned to internalize the wonderful scripture Alma 26:27. I didn't understand why so many people rejected us when we went out to proclaim this wonderful gospel or why out of all the people we talked to there were maybe 5 people who would listen just a little longer than the others. I still don't understand but I came to realize that all though people were turning us down and didn't want to listen to our message nothing could stop us from opening our mouths to the wonderful people in Korea no matter how many rejections we received. I know that our efforts every day this week were not wasted! The Lord uses all our efforts to hasten His work and bring His children closer to Him even if we cannot see the immediate results. I know that each day is for a reason and God is stretching and growing me to my maximum to the person He sees in me. I am so grateful to be serving here in Korea even if I haven't seen the success of many investigators or fluently speaking the languge because I have seen the success within myself with a solid testimony of this gospel and a firm love for my Savior, my Heavenly Father and the Korean people. I love this work and love serving my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ. They never have and never will let me down as long as I rely on them. They receive all the credit for what I am doing and who I am becoming. I will thank them forever.
I must say though despite the rejections this last Tuesday the Relief Society Sisters began learning their dance for the Christmast party and wow I am very impressed with how quickly they are learning the dance that I am preparing for them. I made it super simple and as I was showing it to them I was just filled with so much joy because I realized that I am sharing my talent and helping others make fun memories that they can always remember. It's going to be so fun and I am so grateful for this opportunity! I will be sure to video it and send it sometime!!! It is a lot different teaching dance in Korean but it's working out pretty good!
Well that's it for today! Sorry if I am a little scattered but I just want you all to know that I love you and miss you! Thank you for your love support and prayers in my behalf! You have no idea the affect each of you have on my day and the strength you give me. I am humbled to reflect and think about all the people who are supporting me through this life changing experience! I love you all! Thank you and remember In the strength of the Lord we can do hard things. Look for the Lord's blessings each day and they will always give us a reason to smile! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment