Family and Friends,
Well I want to start off telling you HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.. and my exclamation point key is not working so just imagine a lot of exclamation points. But in the festivities of Valentine's Day I want to remind you all what President Uchtdorf said this last General Women's Conference. "You are loved. You are dear to your Heavenly parents. The infinite and eternal Creators of light and life knows you. He is mindful of you. Yes, God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He know of the times you have held onto the fading light and believed even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you. And God knows of your successes, though they may seem small to you he acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourself to others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens even when you are struggling with your own. He knows everything about you. He sees you clearly. He knows you as you really are. And He loves you. TODAY AND ALWAYS." This knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father has been with me since I was born and no matter how strongly I know this I can't help but feel comfort inside of my heart everytime I am reminded of my Heavenly Father's love for me and all of His children. It is truly something that keeps me going in life and I am so grateful to know that I am loved but my Heavenly Father.
This Sunday morning Sister Johnson and I received transfer calls. We were pretty sure that Sister Johnson was leaving because she has been serving here for 6 months but we were secretly praying to stay together for one more transfer but it didn't happen. Sister Johnson will be moving to 강남 on Wednesday. I am extremely sad to see Sister Johnson go. We have seen so many miracles together and accomplished so much in these two transfers and I hate to see it go but I know it will continue. And Wednesday I will be going to the mission office to receive a new missionary fresh from the MTC. Which means I will be training. I don't know how I feel about it. When I got the news that I would train...well I definitely got really nervous and questioned whether I was ready for this. Of course I am not, I still have much to learn but it will have to be during this training experience. I am excited though that this new missionary is coming to this area where so many miracles are happening. I know that they will continue. I can't help but reflect back on my days as a new missionary and remember the good and hard times. I don't know the first thing about training but the Lord does so I know that as long as I turn to Him at all times all things will work out . I also know that doing our best is all that He requires and that is something that I have internalized. The Lord is never disappointed in us and loves us no matter what. I love that no matter what I can rely on that knowledge that Heavenly Father loves me and all His children for who they are. No matter how firmly and strongly I know that to be true it always brings the greatest comfort to my heart and I am constantly needing to be reminded of just how much the love Heavenly Father has for each of us.
This week was great though. We were busy with investigators and members as always. I am just so grateful to be serving here in this area.
We had an awesome opportunity to make Kimbab with members this week which was a blast. It was so fun as we went to the Relief Society President's house with a sister in the ward from Japan and we all learned how to make Kimbab. It is quite easy so maybe when I am home I can make it for you but I do need an Asian Market. Do those exist in Idaho??
We then met with our investigators who have met with the missionaries for 3 years. 임진아 (mom) , 박시현(8), and 박지유(6). They came to church last week and 시현 played the violin for us for a musical number that the missionaries had to do. It was great when we met to say thank you we gave the girls a little present. We gave them some chapstick that my mom had sent me that had cute quotes on it. One said "Choosing Happiness" and when 지유 put it on she said "Mom I just became happy. It works" It was the cutest thing ever and I had to share that because it brought so much happiness to me.
장미정 and her sons are still doing great. Having Sister Johnson go was really hard for them though. We have really drawn so close to them since I have arrived here in 곡반정. Seeing them say good bye was heart breaking for me and it made me imagine saying goodbye to them and I just don't want to think about that so I am grateful to be still serving here. We taught the Plan of Salvation this time and they are still just accepting the gospel and willing to do anything. I asked her if she had noticed anything different in her family's life since they have started coming to church and meeting with us but she said nothing big yet. I understand though because it takes time. Things are really looking up though and I am just honored to be teaching such a wonderful family.
We also met with our 15 year old investigator 김지혜. It was great. We love teaching her and always have too much fun because she is so sweet and patient with our bad Korean or not understanding everything that she says. She isn't able to come to church right now though because she has to do community service hours for school and she does it on Sunday but it will be ending soon so hopefully we can start getting her to church and the Young Women activities. She is so great though and has such strong faith in Christ and our Father in Heaven.
I think the highlight appointment of the week though was one we had with a member and her 4 year old son. 남궁희정 and 기백. They are the cutest family ever and the mom is a return missionary. We met with them Saturday night for Valentine's Day and we had a great time. The little boy is now my new best friend and boxing buddy. He has so much energy I don't think that he ever stops going but we definitely had a fun time meeting with them and spending that time with them. We really wanted to share something special with the mom because whenever we meet with her she tells us how insufficient she feels and how she just wants to be a good mom but isn't. We were reminded of President Uchtodorf's talk and just knew that she needed to be reminded of just how much she truly is loved so it was perfect. We shared with her the exact same quote that I wrote above and as she read it we could just tell through her voice and facial expressions that it was exactly what she needed to hear. I was so grateful and so was Sister Johnson. We told her that whenever she feels down she just needs to read that quote and be reminded of just how special she really is. It was amazing and the spirit was strong and Sister Johnson and I were just filled with so much love.
These next few days with Sister Johnson leaving are crazy because we have so many appointments. In fact our appointments are starting today at 2 until Tuesday when we go home. Yep so no P-day for us but it's okay because we love being with our members and if everyday could be like that I would LOVE IT! I love being a missionary and I cannot express in words how lucky I truly am and have been. I know this is the greatest foundation I could be building for my life and I am grateful everyday the Lord has led me here. I love this work. I know it is true. I am so grateful for each one of you and for all of your love, support and prayers. Thank you! LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU! Hope you have a wonderful week! Remember you are loved!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment