Family and Friends,
Well I hope each of you had a wonderful memorable and safe 4th of July! This week summer has definitely come as we can't be in our house without all four of our fans running because it’s so hot and we have no air conditioning. I feel quite blessed of the timing that I will be serving because I will only experience one humid hot summer and one very cold winter. Life is just fabulous though and I am being blessed with countless blessings everyday.
This week was just a super happy week. Sister Ward and I are seeing so many miracles and just want to stay together until the end of her mission. She goes home in 2 transfers! I can't even believe it! Time is flying by because we are having fun and working hard. Yesterday miracles happened! A girl who randomly showed up at church last week showed up again! It was a miracle because all week we tried contacting her but her phone wasn't working so we thought she blocked us but nope:) Then my ward mission leader told me that my Korean has sky rocketed and while walking home last night I counted all the stars in the sky! There were 10 shining stars in the sky last night! Oh the joy they brought me!
Last Monday we met with 유성은 again on Monday night. The lesson went so well. The last time we met we committed her to pray on her own. When we followed up she said that she didn't and I was so sad. But I then asked how it was when she prayed with us at the end of the last lesson. She said it was a good feeling and she liked it. I testified to her that I know that as she continues to pray she will be able to feel what she wants to feel and that is God's love. We committed her to pray again before she went to bed that night and she said that she would. We actually met the following day, Tuesday, and she did PRAY!!! I am not exactly sure what she said about how she felt but she said she would continue praying. I am so grateful for that because I know that as we continue to pray and show our faith to Heavenly Father then that is when we recognize the answers He gives us and we can feel His love. We finished the first lesson with her and she was really interested in President Thomas S. Monson, our living prophet today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet today. He leads and guides this church and is a true servant of God. How grateful I am to know this and apply the counsel he gives to the church world wide.
Wednesday Sister Ward and I saw a lot of cool miracles and one I want to talk about specifically. We were on our way to a different part of our area to go proselyte. We were waiting for the Subway and a girl came and stood right in front of us. I thought to myself I need to talk to her but I hesitated and didn't. I was so sad but as we got on the subway she ended up sitting by us about a seat away and after a few minutes turned to me pointed at the Book of Mormon and asked "Excuse me what is this?" I am pretty sure I looked at her like a deer looks into headlights because never has that happened to me. I quickly scooted myself over next to her and in broken Korean did my best in describing the Book of Mormon but then boldly testified that this book has blessed my life and I know it is true. Well ends up that we received her number and are meeting with her tomorrow so let’s pray for the best! It was such a cool experience of God's mercy though because He first prompted me to talk to her but I feared man but because He is merciful He prompted her to talk to me and gave me a second chance. What a blessing that was. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father. He is always watching over me and qualifying me for this work everyday.
This week I had my interview with President Morrise:) This transfer President and Sister Morrise went to everyone's home to interview them and look at their area book. It was so fun for Sister Ward and I to have President and Sister Morrise in our apartment. My interview with President Morrise was so great. What an amazing man he is. I am so grateful to be in his service. The first thing President Morrise asked me was how I have been following the spirit this past month because that has been our focus. I told him that one thing I have strived to do because of my Dad's advice is not to hesitate. A couple weeks ago I asked my dad how I could trust myself and believe that the Spirit was the one putting the thoughts in my head. He sent me a quote from Joseph Smith saying "9 out 10 times it is the Spirit that is prompting us." Because of that quote I chose to not hesitate. I would ponder for a little bit but I knew if I did for too long then I would miss the opportunity that the Lord was giving me. As I told him this President Morrise was just smiling away. He was truly there with me in the moment as I talked to him. He then asked if there was anything else I want to talk about and all I could say is that I am so happy and I cannot complain at all. I am learning. I am improving. I am being refined. I am serving the Lord. Sister Ward is my companion. Life can't get much better. He was so happy to hear that. He then asked me to share something from the scriptures I have learned. Well I love the scriptures so much it was so hard to choose just one but I chose 1 Nephi 21:10 and 1 Nephi 22:16. I told him was those two scriptures meant to me and just testified that I know God is refining me right now. I know that Jesus Christ knows me personally. He knows me better then I know myself. I am so grateful to be serving them.
Well another week has come and gone. I have been a missionary for 7 months and I can't even believe it. I love this work. I am growing so much. I am learning things that I could only learn here in Korea on the Lord's errand. I am so grateful to be a missionary and so grateful to be serving my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I love each of you. I miss each of you. I know Heavenly Father loves each of you and knows you by name. He is always there for us. We are never alone but we have to invite Him into our lives and allow Him to work His magic. Thank you for all the love support and prayers. Have a great week! Keep smiling because that makes life happy and everyone wants to be happy!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment