Family and Friends,
Well first I want to start of wishing my adorable niece Eden Margo, a happy birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDEN! Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life as well as my families. Stop growing up so fast. When I return home I won't even be able to recognize you! Love you and miss you everyday! Have the best 2nd Birthday EVER!
Second I want to say wow can you believe that just on July 19 last year I received my call to the Korea Seoul South mission and now I am here living the missionary life. I cannot believe how the time has gone. I can remember that day as clear as glass. Reading that I would be going to Korea was exciting but also scary. It's a long ways from home right?! Well, all I can say now is that I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I have grown so much but I haven't grown alone. I have grown the last 8 months with the Savior by my side. I have learned where my true strength lies and that is with my Savior and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for Their help, mercy, love, and support. How lucky are we to have such Supreme Beings that we can rely on everyday for the rest of our lives? I would say that we are pretty lucky! I am so grateful for Their love and the comfort They give me each and everyday.
Third, well I received a nice transfer call on Saturday and guess what!!!!(Drum Roll Please.) I will be transferring on Wednesday to an area called 금천 (Geumcheon). My new companion will be Sister Hunter who was in the MTC when I entered and so she is just one transfer ahead of me. We are pretty young so it will be an adventure. I also found out today the Sister Kang (My Trainer), her sister lives there so that’s exciting too! I don't know anything about the area or anything about transferring but I know that God is sending me the best place for me to learn and meet people that are needed for my growth as a person.
I am so sad to leave my first area 화곡. I have made some special relationships there with the young women as well as the relief society members. Yesterday at church I had to give my last talk in Sacrament meeting. The minute I stood up at the pulpit and looked out to all the familiar faces that once were strangers I was overwhelmed with love for them and their love for me. As I spoke I told them how much I enjoyed my time here and the love they showed me. As I continued to speak and look at the members I could see tears running down some of their faces which then caused me to cry. If I learned anything from this ward it was all about love. Love for missionary work, love for the Savior, how to feel love, and how to show love. The Spirit in the sacrament meeting was so special. These people have touched my life and my love for them cannot be described. It is so hard to say good bye. My Korean Mom who saved me and took me to the doctor that one time gave me such a loving hug and said "I will see you next time." I immediately just wanted to break down but something about Koreans is that they are very strong people and don't show emotions a lot so I had to stay strong. I am feeling that the mission is going to be full of a lot of heartbreaks as I have to say good bye to many but through this experience I have made everlasting friendships.
This last week in 화곡 was super fun though. Sister Ward and I currently have a small teaching pool so this week we were booked with practice lessons with members. It was so fun to spend so much time with members. One member specifically we met with and her daughter is one who just left on her mission about a month ago to Washington. While we were teaching her she stopped us and said "The Gospel is simple. Keep it simple. Simple is fun!" She then told us if we don't understand what the investigator is saying introduce them to a member and just say "I am sorry I don't speak Korean well but here is someone who does." She just continued to say that Missionary work is easy! It's fun! I loved her enthusiasm and her little pep talk to help us. It made me realize that simple is the best way to go and it is okay if I don't understand everything that's why we have members and member lessons.
We also had a practice lesson with the Ward Mission Leader and his family along with dinner so it was a fun time. But the ward mission leader has a little boy who is 2 years old and His name is Eugene. The ward mission leader while we were eating told Sister Ward and I that Eugene said when he came home from work "Dad the Sister missionaries are here. I like the sister missionaries." Being told that made Sister Ward and I's day. It made us realize that there are so many people who look up to us just by being a missionary and made us realize the impact that we truly have and can have. I am so grateful to be a missionary! It is the best calling!
Also this week all the singing practice finally paid off. Saturday the missionaries and the primary put on a concert and it was just so fun. My favorite part was the last two songs that we the missionaries and the primary children sang together. We sang I am a Child of God and God Gave Us Families. It was the best and the Spirit was special as those two songs bore our simple testimonies for us.
Here is to a new adventure. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve our Savior and Heavenly Father. I have come to realize that this opportunity is not given to everyone and it can be taken away very quickly as well that's why it is so important to take my dad's advice by living in the moment and enjoying each day paying attention to what is happening in the now. I love being a missionary. I love serving the Korean people. I love the Korean People. I love them so much and am privileged to be helping them feel of God's love. Thank you to each of you who support, love and pray for me. I receive so much strength everyday because of you. I love you and miss you all! Have a great week and remember to always smile and look for the blessings of each day!
Love
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment