December 15, 2014
Dear Family and Friends,
I once again am just humbled by the miracles that I have experienced in the amazing area that I am serving in. I don't know what is going on but Sister Johnson and I must be doing something right because we have truly been made instruments in the Lord's hands. The weather is getting colder but we have been lucky enough to have packed days full of teaching opportunities to strengthen members, investigators, recent converts, and less actives. I love this gospel so much and know that it is true. It brings so much happiness and joy and I am grateful everyday that I grew up with the knowledge that I am a child of God and I have a purpose.
Last week I mentioned that we received a referral from a member and ended up teaching them the day we received the referral which was last Sunday. Well after the meeting it was great and we planned to meet again the following week but randomly Wednesday night at 10:20 pm we received a call from the member saying the her parents, who we taught, want to be baptized! WHAT?! Sister Johnson and I were literally in shock. We couldn't believe it. We had only met once and now they have that desire. It was amazing. The kick is though they want to be baptized December 28th which is in 2 weeks because their grandchildren will be back from America then and they want them to be there to see their grandparents be baptized. It's just one huge curve ball that we were not expecting but a huge blessing. We met with them the following day Thursday and again Saturday to teach and things are looking up and we have a lot of hope. They also came to church on Sunday and what a sacrifice that was especially since the father just experienced a stroke last April so he is still staying in the hospital but they exercised their faith and are doing what it takes to become a part of the Lord's true church.
This past week Sister Johnson and I have truly come to know what it meant when Nephi said "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." This wonderful miracle has been given to us and the Lord has provided the way from the beginning. I had only been in the area for not even two weeks and failed to introduce myself to the members who gave us the referral but they called Sister Johnson and I to teach their parents. We both don't have fluent Korean or have a ton of teaching experience but the lessons we have taught with them have been the most spiritual lessons I have ever experienced. I cannot even explain the strength of the Spirit that has been in my heart during these teaching opportunities. Things were coming out of my mouth that I didn't even know how to say and everything has just been clear and simple to the understanding of both of them. The Lord is truly doing all of the work. I have done nothing. He has humbled me and shown me that He can do His work and He will do His work. I have been made an instrument in the hands of the Lord and I could not be more grateful.
It's been a humbling experience for us both to learn to rely on the Lord and trust in Him no matter what. I don't know what has happened this past transfer but huge changes have taken place in myself and the way I do the Lord's work with Him. That is the key to being linked to the Lord because it truly is His work. It has truly been a miracle. This past week I am humbled to say that I know exactly what it means to watch the Lord do His work and just be a small tool. This whole experience has showed me that the Lord knows how to do His work and He will do it His way we just have to be ready to respond when He calls. This I know is truly the Lord's work and right now Sister Johnson and I are learning to have faith in Him and trust whatever His will is. I know that as we stay worthy of the Spirit He will guide us and tell us the needs of these two wonderful people and what we have to do to allow them to enter the waters of baptism and receive the wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost.
After this amazing miracle we also met with another investigator who we just picked up last week. She is a 14 year old girl named 김지혜. We met with her on Saturday and it was the best ever! We taught her a little English and then were on to the gospel. Our follow up was prayer so we asked her if she prayed this past week. She said "Yes! 3 times!" What?! That was all I could have ever asked for. We continued teaching about prayer and she just nodded, answered all of our questions accepting it like nothing! We then began talking about church which led us to invite her to church and she said that she would come if she can so we shall see but to close our appointment we invited her to say the closing prayer and that is when the Spirit hit. As she prayed it was so sincere and from the heart. The words she spoke were completely humble before the Lord and her sincere desires. She thanked Heavenly Father for allowing her to have the belief in Him, asked Him to help her go to church every week, and thanked Him that we can meet every week. I was touched by her prayer. Never have I thanked my Heavenly Father for giving me the faith to believe in Him but I quickly repented of that and humbled myself in gratitude before Him. One of my favorite things of missionary work is witnessing and hearing my investigators pray for the first time out loud. Each time I have witnessed it the Spirit enters my heart so strongly and I just know that it was a huge faith building experience for them.
President Morrise came to our zone this week to do interviews and something we had to do to prepare was study about the Savior and His atonement and be prepared to share a testimony of that so this past week for a couple days I focused my study on my Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement. I learned so much and my love for Him just continues to grow. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is my Savior. He is the Son of God and His way is the path that leads to happiness. I know He is inviting us to all come unto Him. "The only way to be saved is for someone else to rescue us." Jesus Christ is our rescuer and is bearing everything with us. He wants us to partake of His atonement and rely on Him so that He can welcome us back into His arms. My favorite scripture verse regarding the atonement and our Savior Jesus Christ's love for us is 1 John 4:19 "We love Him because He first loved us." That is what Jesus Christ's life and atonement was, perfect and unconditional love. In order to partake of this unconditional love we just have to act and follow Him. He is calling for us and has 100% hope in us and we can have that same hope in ourselves because we trust Him. I love my Savior and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to represent Him this Christmas season.
I just want to thank each of you for your prayers in my behalf. Last night as I was praying I had the confirmation that the prayers that you offer for me are being answered. I want you to know that Heavenly Father is answering your prayers, each and every one of them. Thank you for praying for me and for allowing me to witness the answers to your prayers.
I love each of you so much and could not do this work without your love, support or prayers. Remember that the Lord is aware of you. He knows your heart and your circumstances. He is working for you and sacrificing for you. "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him.... he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him" (2 Nephi 26:24, 33) LOVE YOU MISS YOU!
Love
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment