Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Letter - 12/29/14

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow what an exciting week it was full of Christmas seeing friends, family, and remembering our Savior Jesus Christ. This Christmas was truly the best Christmas I could have ever asked for in Korea and as a missionary. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who watched over me and my companion this Christmas and sent us the best Christmas present ever. Our sweet couple that we met three weeks ago had the opportunity to enter the waters of baptism yesterday December 28th. I cannot tell you the peace and comfort I felt all day yesterday just knowing this was the will of the Lord. It has been quite the adventure with them but Sister Johnson and I did all that we could so that this dear family can begin the steps of being together forever because after all, missionaries leave their families for a short amount of time so others can be with theirs forever.

I want to share a little bit about the process of this amazing miracle and refresh your memory on what an amazing miracle it truly is. So exactly 4 weeks ago we received a call from a member of the ward telling us he had a referral for us and they were his in-laws. We had already experienced so many miracles we couldn't believe that one but sure enough we received it and met with them that night. The following Wednesday we received a phone call from the son-in-law telling us they wanted to be baptized December 28th because their grandchildren were going to be home for Christmas break. Sister Johnson and I were in shock and frantically figured out what needed to be done to see this family's dream come true. We worked day and night seeking for the Lord's guidance and help. We met with them 2 to 3 times a week until December 28th. We studied harder than ever before. We prayed more earnestly, pleading for the guidance of the Lord. We fasted, we sacrificed and we showed the Lord we were willing to do what it takes. Although, the entire time it felt like we did a lot of work and carried a lot of unneeded stress I finally realized that I truly did nothing. The Lord did all the work. He made this happen. He made this possible.

We held the baptismal interview Saturday night with President Morrise and at that time I was really nervous.  I wasn't sure if this was the right time or the Lord's will.  I have to be honest I was really nervous about the baptism and was afraid that we were not making the right decision as we continued to push for the 28th but last Sunday I had a strong confirmation during sacrament meeting as I pondered my patriarchal blessing that the 28th was the day. I felt only peace and just knew it was right but yet I was still questioning the day of the interview if this was the right thing.

 After President Morrise left from the interview Sister Johnson and I had one more personal companionship prayer which was so powerful. We then talked about how we were feeling and she just continued to feel peace. She had felt peace the entire time since we had fasted about 3 weeks ago but I still had such a strange feeling in my heart like a knot and I explained that to her. It was quite interesting because I would feel peace and then  I would feel this knot and I just couldn't understand or explain my feelings. Sister Johnson had the idea that maybe it was Satan trying to confuse me so that these two beloved children of God couldn't be baptized and the minute she said that I was at complete peace. I cast Satan's thoughts out and was reminded of a scripture that Sister Ward shared with me when we were companions. The scripture was D&C 6:23 saying "Did I not speak peace to your soul concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" Heavenly Father had already spoke peace to my soul a week ago during that special sacrament meeting as I pondered my patriarchal blessing but yet I was still asking but now it was time to act. Sister Johnson and I felt that this was the time. It was either now or never! We had to act because the couple was willing to act! Another scripture then came to my mind D&C 9:11 "Behold it was expedient when you commenced; but you feared and the time is past and it is not expedient now." If we wouldn't have acted and followed the Lord's will the expedient time for this couple would be past.

I am so grateful to feel at complete peace now. I know this was the Lord's will. The baptism was beautiful and very special. They both were just glowing as they stood in white. This was a choice experience in which I learned a lot and I truly learned how to seek the Lord's will and courageously follow it. I know that the Lord had a special plan for each one of His children and as we follow it and seek it we can receive the fullness of the blessings He is offering us. I know this was a true miracle and I am humbled that I had the opportunity to witness it.
My Christmas in Korea is truly unforgettable.  I cannot forget to mention what a joy it was to skype my sweet family! What a beautiful and loving family I have! It was so great to see their faces and hear their voices! I also was able to meet my sweet niece Ember over the computer screen. It was so special and brought so much joy but yet it felt as if skyping them was a weekly thing but we all know it is not. I just love being a missionary so much and am learning to enjoy the moment and accept that this doesn't last forever so I have to live it up to the end.

 I am so grateful to be a missionary to be representing my Savior Jesus Christ in the country of Korea. I love this work. I know it is the Lord's work and everyone plays an important role. That was the theme of our Christmas Conference on Tuesday "Everyone Plays A Part." President Morrise talked about how our missionary is like a tapestry and we are all our own individual thread but as we are woven together we create God's masterpiece. He needs all of us in order to do so. We need every piece of the thread to complete the tapestry. We all have an important role to play in the Lord's work and that's why we were called to be a part of it. We all have an individual part and the Lord is taking each one of us and making a masterpiece. He is making us instruments in His hands. I am being made an instrument everday and I cannot be more grateful.

Thank you to each of you for all of your love support and prayers. Also thank you for your sweet testimony's you sent me. I cannot tell you the strength I received from each one of you. I love each of you. I miss each of you but time is flying so live it up! Remember you play a part and Heavenly Father needs you to accomplish His great and marvelous work! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment