Dear Family and Friends,
What a week! I don't really know where to start but it was a week of learning, improving. loving and doing! I truly cannot express to you enough how grateful I am for this opportunity to serve as a missionary and represent my Savior Jesus Christ. Everyday I put my name tag on I just see His name engraving a little deeper into my heart because after all I know this black name tag I wear will soon be removed but His name will forever remain on my heart.
This week Sister Matamata and I really bonded. I just keep learning more and more about people as I continue to be a missionary and strive to become more like Christ. I studied a lot on love this week and read a talk given to me by my mother which really just helped me so much. "The Power of God's Love" by Elder Groberg. One line that hit me the hardest was "trying to find love without helping or sacrificing for others is like trying to live without eating. We cannot fake love. It must become a part of us." That is what builds that charity, pure love of Christ that we all are seeking for. We must be willing to sacrifice for others and help them in all that they need, as we do so our love for them will automatically increase. I have noticed as a missionary that the more I serve the people of Korea the more I love them. That's how it works. The more we forget ourselves and focus on others the more we are able to feel of God's love and recognize it. We must go out each day looking for the evidence of God's love in our lives. I promise that as you do so you will grow in gratitude, love, and happiness. This week that is one of my goals. Each night Sister Matamata and I record a blessing that we saw that day but now I am going to begin recording evidences of God's love, big or small, they are everywhere and He loves you me and all of His children.
Missionary work in Korea is still going. Our investigators right now are not progressing as quickly as we hope but I do know that the Lord has a time and season for everything so this is when patience comes and trust in the Lord. I have studied all about the stripling warriors this week and I just truly admire their trust in the Lord. They truly were taught to never doubt in the Lord and I know because of the faith they had in the Lord they were able to overcome the strongest Lamanite armies and see miraculous results of their dedicated service and the same goes for us. As we continue to show our faith in the Lord by counseling with Him, obeying with exactness and surrendering our will to His we will experience our own miracles. I think my favorite verse is found in Alma 56:47. It says that the stripling warriors did not fear death because they were thinking of their family, liberty and religion. They were motivated by love and as we know perfect love casts out all fear. Because of their love, reliance on the Lord and trust they had no fear in their hearts. All things are possible when you are filled with God's love and trusting completely in Him.
I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday on the Atonement of Jesus Christ which then just continued my study on God's love for us as well as the Savior's love for us and our Father in Heaven. I remember being a newer missionary and how speaking was terrifying but now through time it has just become a part of who I am and I truly love speaking in Korean especially when I know that what I say is true and it helps others understand the love God has for them. I am so grateful for the atonement and know it is the greatest expression of love. I know that as we rely on it we can continue to improve, change and become better reaching the potential that God sees in us.
As for our recent converts though! 김영숙 and 이근배 have truly been changed through thegospel. We haven't been able to meet with them as regularly as we had hoped but we met with them this Saturday and just had a wonderful time. They are showing so much more happiness and light in their countenance. I just wonder why I was so lucky to experience such a miracle. When we met with them we talked about missionary work. I asked 김영숙how her daughter and son-in-law first started sharing the gospel with her and she said it was through their example of always praying and going to church and strengthening each other in the gospel. It was perfect to hear that said because it flowed with the scripture I was wanting to share which was Alma 17:11"... show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." As I share that scripture she just lit up and said that's what I am trying to do" I think that is important for all of us to think about. Last week Mallory sent me her testimony and said "People are always watching us. They might never believe what we believe but it is our duty and our calling to treat them as sons and daughters of God regardless. We cannot hide our light under a bushel, everyone sees our light." That statement is true and I know that as we let our light shine it will grow brighter and brighter in Christ. Each of us have a role to play and let our light in somebody's life even if we don't know it. We must let our light shine and realize that as we live the gospel joyfully we are allowing Christ's light to shine through us and people can see that and receive guidance without us even knowing. I know that our light is never hidden. Each of us shine bright and we can always shine brighter as we live this gospel striving to become like our Savior by following His commandments and doing the little things of everyday that invite Him into our lives.
I love this gospel and I know that is changes lives and brings light into our lives. I love serving in Korea. I know this is the Lord's work and I am grateful everyday to experience it firsthand even though it is not easy it is worth it. I have learned more in these 18 months then I have the 20 years that I have been alive. I love being a missionary. I am so grateful for all of your support and could not do this without you! Thank you for your love, support, prayers, letters, and emails! I hope you each have a wonderful week and Remember let your light shine and look for the evidence of God's love in your life! Love you and Miss you all!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
No comments:
Post a Comment