This morning as I looked at the calender I realized that the month of March is coming to an end which was shocking! But more excitingly is that this week is my sweet mother's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I figured it would be better to wish you a happy birthday early rather then late! I was reading in the Liahona today a passage from all these different young men and women around the world writing about all the things they learned from their parents. How grateful I am for a mother who has taught me how to support my family, rely on the Lord, live in a Christ centered home, and always being there for those you love, putting them first even when she had so many other things she needed to be doing. I can't count how many times I called my mom in desperate help and she was always there! How grateful I am for her wonderful example and that I have the opportunity to strive to follow in her footsteps. Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you have a wonderful day and know just how much I love you!
This week was another busy week! Sister Matamata and I just continue to grow closer and I see her improvement since our first day together. It is so neat to see the growth in a new missionary as they begin to understand the meaning of missionary work within themselves and they begin to love the people they serve. She had the opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday and well it was all in Korean and what a miracle that is to see as the Lord works through us to accomplish His purposes. I still am amazed every time I speak and understand Korean. I know that this would not be possible without the Lord's divine gifts and His divine assistance. How humbled I am to experience such a gift as the gift of tongues and gift of interpretation of tongues.I am so grateful I have had this opportunity to struggle with learning a language and put all my trust in the Lord to help Him fulfill His purposes.
The weather has finally gotten warm enough to go outside and exercise so this week Sister Matamata and I bought a basketball and have been going to the park that is close by our apartment. It has been really great and as we play basketball together we just have fun and enjoy the beauties of the earth so early in the morning. It is also driving Sister Matamata to get up :-) so that's a good thing! We are becoming more united through that!
Eveyday this week we went out and talked to so many people and it was neat to see how the Lord put certain people in our path. One lady specifically that I sat next to on the subway was just glowing and I was just drawn to her so I started talking to her. She explained to me that she had never spoken to a foreigner before and this was the happiest day for her. We continued talking and come to find out she lives in our area and wants to meet with us so we were able to get her number and will be meeting with her this week. I have noticed as a missionary how important it is to really open your mouths to everyone but also be smart about it because the Lord will guide us so instead of being caught up by talking to everyone possible I have learned to pause and wait to be drawn to someone that I need to talk to and want to talk to. As I have done this I have found my conversation with people more valuable and fruitful. I know that the Lord is the head of this work and He is guiding each of us to His prepared children. I mean sure not everyone has a stamp on their forehead saying I am prepared talk to me but each step of faith we take the Lord uses to accomplish His great and marvelous work. I am so grateful to witness it everyday and to be right in the middle of it in Korea.
Sunday was a great day as the 8 year old we were teaching was baptized! It was so neat to see her glowing and so excitied to follow the Savior's example. She actually asked me to speak at her baptism service so that was a great opportunity for me to reflect on my baptism and why I chose to be baptized and why I live the gospel. I know that being 8 years old I didn't know hardly anything about the gospel but what I did know is I wanted to follow Jesus Christ's example and that's what continues to motivate me today. How grateful I am for the gospel. I know that the gospel can bring so much joy to our lives. I think of it like baking a cake. As we bake our favorite cake we need specific ingredients in order to make the cake all that we know it to be. The same is with the gospel. In order to experience all the joys of the gospel you need all the ingredients such as being obedient to the commandments, attending church, reading the scriptures daily and praying daily and then making those necessary covenants to receive all the promissed blessings of the gospel. If we leave out an ingredient of a cake or the gospel it's just not as delicious so use all of the ingredients that the Lord has provided for us and experince the true joy of not only living the gospel but becoming it.
I just want to thank each of you for all your love support and prayers! I know that each day I am given strength and how grateful I am for the strength that the Lord gives me. I think of Nephi and the strength he was given in all the difficult circumstance he faced. Like Nephi as we pray to our Heavenly Father we can be strengthened. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can receive that strength and act upon it with the Savior on our Side. I love this work. I love being a missionary and I love serving the people of Korea. I know that God' loves each of you and is watching out for each of you. He knows you and loves you. I love you and miss you all! Have a great week! Remember to have all the ingredients!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
No comments:
Post a Comment