Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Letter - 4/5/15

Dear Family and Friends,

HAPPY EASTER! I am sure you have all had a wonderful Easter Weekend! Here in Korea we also celebrate Easter and the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. As I have been going through this week our mission as been participating in the Because He Live foundation that the church has created and if you haven't seen the video I invite you to do so NOW! Go to HeLives.mormon.org and watch it! I have only seen it in Korean but how powerful the video is and I know it brings the Spirit into my heart because I know that my Redeemer lives. I Know without a shadow of a doubt. I have felt His comfort, peace and strength throughout my life that I will never be able to deny.

This week was full of fun times and memories as every week is. How grateful I am to be a missionary sharing the good news of the gospel which is, Jesus is the Christ, He lives today and because of that we can always have hope for a better world.

Monday Sister Matamata and I were able to visit our favorite little friend 기백. He is a little boy in the ward that I like to box with if you remember the photo I sent of me and him with our fists up. He is just full of so much love. He and his mom haven't been able to come to church since Sister Matamata's first Sunday but they came yesterday so that was so good.  The minute he saw us he ran up to us and gave us the biggest hug. Oh the joy it is to be able to love these people here in Korea and invite them to come closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday we met with our investigator family 임진아. Lately we have been struggling with how to help her progress. She has met with the missionaries for a long time and loves the gospel and I know has felt the Spirit but she just doesn't act. Because we had been inviting her to act but she wasn't keeping commitments we decided that morning during companionship study that we needed to drop her so that was our plan. As we continued on our day about 30 minutes before our appointment with her Sister Matamata and I prayed on whether or not this was the right thing to do and that the spirit would guide us and that her two little girls would be quiet during the lesson. Well God answers prayers. It was such a powerful lesson. we changed our plans and instead of dropping her we decided to invite her to be baptized one last time. She didn't decline but she did say she had fears and her main fear was not understanding the material specifically the Book of Mormon because it truly is so difficult in Korean. So because she doesn't understand, the desire isn't there which I could relate with Korean! When I didn't understand Korean it was hard to have a desire to learn it but once it started clicking then all I wanted to do was learn more. She doesn't have any religious background so to help her we bought the Book of Mormon storybook for kids so that she can read it with her kids. We are praying that will help and we will be focusing alot on that. It was really such a powerful experience. I truly didn't know what I was going to say and neither did Sister Matamata but the Spirit put words into our mouths and the Spirit was present. NOt only that but the kids were quiet which allowed the Spirit to work within our hearts. I know that God, through His Spirit gives us the the words He needs us to speak and the gift of tongues is real. At the end of the lesson Sister Matamata bore her testimony and as she started she went to say one line of her testimony that she had been struggling with but she didn't struggle one bit, she said it perfectly because she said it with the power of the spirit. I am just so grateful to witness the miracles of God everyday and of His work. How I love to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ teaching His gospel.

Since that teaching appointment our lessons have just improved so much because I believe together we learned how to recognize, listen and follow the Spirit. That is something that kind of changes with each companionship so that we can teach in unity and under God's spirit. I have been feeling the Spirit more consistently as we teach and as I speak the words that I know to be true. Oh the feeling of the Spirit is so powerful in my heart and it only continues to increase as my testimony strengthens. This weekend we met with two of our investigators. 김지혜 who actually ended up coming to church on Sunday! YAY! It was her first time but luckily one of the Young Women is her friend so they came together. It was great! She is so sweet and just ready to do anything. This coming week we have a plan to bake brownies at the Young Woman leaders house so that should be super great! Sister Matamata and I are so excited because she is progressing super well and hearing her humble prayers each week truly just make my day. I think that has been one of my favorite parts of missionary work! Listening to the Korean people pray for the first time and watching them come to know there is someone they can always turn to at anytime in any place. What a blessing it is to know that and know that I have a Heavenly Father who is hearing and answering my prayers all the time. I know that He does for I have witnessed it so many times throughout my life. Not huge answers but little ones that I am able to recognize and be grateful for.

As we have gone out on the streets this week we have been really focusing on the Because He Lives video and cards they have given to us. While handing them out I have thought a lot about what it personally means to me that "He lives".  Because He lives I just have so much hope. Hope for a better world. Hope to be a better me. Hope in this gospel and Hope to become like Him. I think of the beautiful lyrics "Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives."  I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He came to this earth to fulfill His Father's will. I know He voluntarily gave up His life for you and for me. He bore the burdens of each of us. Our wounds are His wounds. He bore them all. He did it all. He kept His work and performed the infinite atonement that we can rely upon each day to become better. "He made it possible for every person of every age to overcome every obstacle, every weakness, every sin and every tinge of guilt." He did this for each of us one by one because He is our personal, loving and caring Friend. What the Savior did for me I cannot comprehend but I know with all my heart the He did suffer in Gethsemane for my sins, my weaknesses, my frustrations, my everything. He has already bore it all. I know He carried His cross to Calvary and gave up His life voluntarily for me and for you. I know He was layed in the Tomb of Arimathea and on the third day He was not found there for He had risen. He was resurrected conquering physical death and overcoming the world. I know that because He lives, we will too. All that I am and ever will be I owe to Him, my Savior, Redeemer, Advocate, Mediator, Friend, and Brother.  I know that He lives.

Thank you for all your love and prayers. I love each of you and miss you! I hope you have a good week and invite you to think about what it means to you that Jesus Christ lives. Remember that He does live and He is beckoning you to come to Him and rely on the gift He has offered us! Have a great week!

Love,
드리스콜자매.
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment