Family and Friends,
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST LITTLE SISTER, who is not so little anymore! Hailey I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I just want you to know how much I love you and how proud I am of you! You have truly grown into a beautiful young woman. I still remember when we were little and we would play dolls, horses, dress-up and pretty much anything that we could think of! Thanks for being my play buddy and singing in the car with me! You have taught me so much and I truly admire your willingness to try new things and just be YOU! I LOVE YOU!
This week was just a wonderful week! Last Monday for p-day we made our way to my last area 금천to meet with Sister Lyman, Sister Hunter and my most favorite person on the entire planet 황미주! If you don't remember she is the member Sister Hunter and I would do practice lessons with weekly and she helped us progress so much! She is like family and seeing her was the highlight of my week. The minute we exited the subway station I saw 황미주, ran to her, gave her a hug and we just cried together! That moment was the time that I have felt the most purest love run through my body. That entire day all I could do was thank the Lord for this missionary opportunity because just that relationship I have gained with her has made every moment worth it. She is planning on taking my family to Seoul when they come and pick me up so mom, dad and Hailey be prepared to meet a new member of the family:) She is the coolest ever! As I spent that day with her she was telling me of a hard time she had maybe 2 months ago. She was overwhelmed with work and hadn't had any time for herself for like a month and it was really hard. One morning she said that she got up and prayed to Heavenly Father expressing the feelings of her heart and then just hoping to find peace for that day. Well that day she ended up meeting with Sister Stout who gave her a letter from Sister Hunter and then the next day she woke up looked in the mail and found a letter from me. She said that Heavenly Father answered her prayers through us and that we have been her angels ever since we were together in 금천. It was a testimony strengthener for her and listening to her tell the story strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father truly is aware of us at all times, answers our prayers and sends people into our lives only to bless and strengthen us.
As I reflected on the love I felt that day we went and had Zone Conference the next day. It was amazing and I truly received so much comfort and assurance through the amazing training I received from the leaders in my mission. Our Zone leaders gave tips on how to study Korean and pretty much what it came down to was that learning Korean is not about us and that Korean is just a tool. As they trained I found myself asking these questions "Why do I speak Korean? Why do I study it? Why do I continue to try? Why have I studied my brains out, cried, and hurt over Korean?" As I answered those questions honestly in my heart it all came down to love. Love for the people, love for my Savior, love for this gospel and love for my Heavenly Father. I have no plans after my mission to study Korean and in Idaho the Korean population is very low but because of the love that I have developed for these people I will continue to try and communicate with them in their own tongue and remind them of the love their Father in Heaven has for them. I found so much comfort knowing this and that my heart has been in the right place as I have sought to serve these people and bring them to the knowledge of God's love. I know that the love is what paves the way and if that is all we can do then it is always enough. After all the greatest commandment that Lord has given us is to LOVE.
After that conference I just wanted to continue to show my love to my Lord through my actions. While doing so Sister Matamata and I were led to a lady name Angela, or 차기숙. About 3 weeks ago we ran in to this lady who was super nice gave us the warmest hello as we walked our way to an appointment. The lady and us were both in a hurry so all we could do was exchange hellos. About a week later we saw her again and it was the same situation. We tried to stop and talk to her but she had to go. Well just this last Friday as we were walking home for dinner this same lady happened to cross our path again and this time we both had time! She recognized us first and said "Wow this is the 3rd time we have met in this same exact spot!" Coincidence?! I think not. As we explained who we were and what we are doing in Korea well come to find out that Angela went to America and visited not only Yellowstone but had the entire tour of Temple Square! She said that missionaries like us showed her around! She immediately invited us over for dinner next week and we will be meeting with her on Tuesday! I know that Heavenly Father put her in our path not just once but 3 times for a reason and now is the time for Him to use us as His instruments to help His Child return back to Him. I have a strong testimony that everything happens for a reason and no matter what happens it is all part of God's perfect plan.
Doing missionary work in Korea truly has been the best experience I could have ever asked for. I have learned to truly wait on the Lord's time table. I got a letter from 황미주 this week as I had expressed to her some of my feelings on our investigators that aren't progressing. She gave me a comparison with different flowers and how each flower is different and they all bloom in their own time no matter how well you take care of them and give them the exact amount of water, sunlight, and soil that they need. We just cannot get down on ourselves because if they don't bloom after doing all that you can it is not a reflection of you not taking care of them or giving them what they need. It's all on the Lord's timing as well as theirs. All we can do is our best and I know that as we do so the Lord will make up the rest.
I truly have been so blessed by the lessons I have learned each day on my mission and I know they will continue to strengthen me for the rest of my life. Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with each of you! Thank you for your prayers and love. I love being a missionary. I love serving my Savior and representing Him amongst His children in Korea. I know with all my heart that the Lord accepts our efforts no matter how big or small. He is always smiling down on us as He sees us where we are and where we desire to be. He knows our hearts, He knows my heart. How grateful I am for this knowledge because after all the only opinion that matter is His. He is the person I strive to please each day through my actions. I am here to please my Father in Heaven and live my life for Him. Remember every flower blooms in its own time!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
No comments:
Post a Comment