Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter - 5/4/15

Dear Family and Friends, 

Well I don't know what to say exactly right now but I only have 2 months left! That fact hit me the other day as I turned my calendar over to May. How is it possible? That is what I have been asking myself almost all week. But as I think about it my heart is overwhelmed in gratitude to my Savior, Heavenly Father, family, friends, the Korean people, missionary friends and everyone that I have met while serving this mission. I know that this mission is the mission the Lord planned for me. 

Today as I was studying I was seeking just for some comfort to know that the course I have taken while serving my mission has been according to the Lord's will and I found this verse in 3 Nephi 27:30 "And now, behold, my joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you..." Reading those words immediately brought the spirit into my heart and I know that the Lord is smiling down on me because He is an Optimist. God is cheering each of us on as we battle this life. He sees who we are and who we are trying to become. He has commanded us to become as He is which sounds unreachable because He is perfect. But when the Lord gives a commandment He always provides the way and we can achieve that goal of perfection through the atonement of Jesus Christ. He is rejoicing over us as we strive to be better each day and that's what matters to Him. GOD IS AN OPTIMIST! So smile be happy and keep trying with the Savior at your side!   

This week was kind of hard as our appointments cancelled and our investigators stopped progressing. During this time I couldn't help but wonder if I was doing something wrong. If the cancellations and non progression was happening because of me but I was reminded that everyone has their agency and my only responsibility is to continue to help these people make the choice to step a little closer to Christ even if it is as simple as looking and seeing the light that I am trying to share as I walk smiling down the street. I know that no effort is wasted and the Lord has a greater plan. I know He uses each thing that I do to help progress His work.  

 I don't know exactly what is going on in the work here in 곡반정 right now but it is turning a little upside down.  All I can do right now is have trust in the Lord because I know He truly does have it under control. During this time I thought of a quote that Tyler shared with me "Try not to resist the changes that come, let life live through you and do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?"  The Lord has a better plan always and He will reveal it to me day by day. I am praying and seeking the Lord's will and I know it will come. This is His work and it will never cease. It is in His hands and through continually taking the steps of faith forward the Lord will only continue to provide the way even if I can't see the big picture. 

What's important is to take things one day at a time because I have figured out that is all I can handle. I have truly been pushing through with the strength I needed for each day individually! Not the strength for 1 month but simply turning to God and telling Him what I need that day and what I will do to receive that need. Faith to endure to the end must first be built on Faith in the Savior to endure today! I found that faith often is praying with action in mind. I know that as we pray with the action in mind that answers to our prayers come because we seek them and we make them happen. I have a strong testimony of that as I went on exchange this week with Sister Bagley who was in the MTC with me and I just expressed to her my thoughts and how I just needed peace. She told me what she does when she feels she needs something and she gives herself a commitment after telling the Lord the blessings she is seeking for. I tried it. I woke up Tuesday morning asking the Lord just for peace in my heart and I told Him what I was going to do to receive that peace. Do you want to know what happened the rest of that day? I received that peace all day long and continued receiving it throughout this week through my studies and temple attendance. I know God answers our prayers and sends us the assurance we need to continue pressing forward.

Lately Sister Matamata and I have been writing notes and delivering flowers to certain member just because. We didn't really have a reason but one specific member came up to us on Sunday gave us the biggest hug and just cried. We visited her house Friday night and dropped off a note just thanking her for her testimony and love. Well on Sunday she told us the note we left her brought tears to her eyes and was exactly what she needed. It was so rewarding to see the Lord use us as His instruments to help one of His children be reminded of His love for her. Often, like I said I don't know why we visit certain people at certain times or see or talk to certain people but I do find out in the end that it is merely the Lord working through me to deliver His love to His children. It is the best feeling ever to receive and I know that He causes everything to happen for a reason. He is aware of His children and send His children to each other to support, strengthen, reassure, and remind each other of His love for them. I know this to be true as I have received so many answers to my prayers this week through others, my companion, members, the scriptures, the prophets, friends, and all of the above. He answered and I am a witness of that. 

Thank you to each of you for your love and for the counsel you give me each week! You have all answered my prayers in numerous ways just by being yourselves. I love and miss each of you! I know that this experience is the foundation for the rest of my life and it give me so much peace to see the things I have learned that will help me forever. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that His Son Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that They called Joseph Smith as a prophet to restore the fulness of Christ's gospel. I know that through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ we can go through the challenges of life with hope and return to our Heavenly Father and live with Him again. I know this message to be true. I love this work. I love being a missionary. I love representing my Savior and becoming like Him more each day! I love each of you and Remember God is an Optimist! 

Love,
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll  

No comments:

Post a Comment