"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Adventure of Mission Papers
Wow all I have to say is I had quite the adventure with my mission papers. I started them about April 20, 2013 and wanted them submitted by the beginning of June. Well that did not happen. After having them completely finished I met with my bishop and he told me that I would not be able to submit my papers until July 1, 2013 because my availability date was November 6, 2013 which meant the beginning of June was not 180 days before my availability date. What?? I can't submit my papers until 180 days before November 6. I was crushed but also understood why the church has that limit because I would not want to wait too long before leaving for my mission. So I waited patiently until July 3. During that time I was busy and in school so I did not have too much time to think about it. Then the day came that I was to meet with my stake president. Can I just say that was probably the best day of my life. Well maybe not the best because I think the day I received my call was the best day. Anyways meeting with my stake president was absolutely amazing and spiritual. He told me he would have my papers ready to click the submit button 5:00 am Monday July 1, 2013. I was so relieved and Monday came along with an email from my stake president saying he had submitted my papers. AHHHH! And now the waiting begins. One week went by and nothing. My call had not been assigned. Another dreadful week of waiting went by and surprise...nothing. I was beginning to worry my call would come while I was out of the country for two weeks for BYU-Idaho Dance Alliance tour at the end of July. The thought of waiting an extra two weeks with my call at my house was terrible. I would not have been able to handle it. Well I got the news Wednesday night from my Dad that my call had been assigned the Friday before so I thought "Oh my goodness it's coming TOMORROW!" and It did:) The waiting was over well at least I thought it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment