Finally after the thought sunk in for a few minutes I knew for a fact there are people in South Korea waiting for me to teach and serve them. I knew that I had been called to this mission for a reason and I cannot wait to find out why the Lord needs me in South Korea. It is so comforting to know where I am going to be for the next 18 months of my life but I am extremely nervous for the language and being able to preach the gospel in Korean. I mean knowing the gospel and teaching it in English is hard enough. I know that the Lord is on my side though and trusts me with this call. It is now my time to trust Him. I know with his help and through the Spirit I will learn the Korean language and know what the people I teach need to hear. After all the conversion of an individual comes by the Spirit so as long as I am in tune with the Spirit and teach by the Spirit of the Lord, He will allow everything that needs to happen, happen. I am so blessed to be able to have this opportunity now during this time in my life. It will lay a fantastic foundation for my future. A year ago this was not possible for girls to go at 19 and now it is. I often wonder why now? Why the year I turn 19? BECAUSE I and many other girls are supposed to help hasten the work and serve our Lord NOW! I can't wait for this opportunity for I know it will be one of the most challenging experiences of my life but by far one of the most rewarding. Ahh! I still freak out occasionally and say to myself "I'm going to Korea to serve my Lord. Is this real life?"
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Big White Envelope
Finally after the thought sunk in for a few minutes I knew for a fact there are people in South Korea waiting for me to teach and serve them. I knew that I had been called to this mission for a reason and I cannot wait to find out why the Lord needs me in South Korea. It is so comforting to know where I am going to be for the next 18 months of my life but I am extremely nervous for the language and being able to preach the gospel in Korean. I mean knowing the gospel and teaching it in English is hard enough. I know that the Lord is on my side though and trusts me with this call. It is now my time to trust Him. I know with his help and through the Spirit I will learn the Korean language and know what the people I teach need to hear. After all the conversion of an individual comes by the Spirit so as long as I am in tune with the Spirit and teach by the Spirit of the Lord, He will allow everything that needs to happen, happen. I am so blessed to be able to have this opportunity now during this time in my life. It will lay a fantastic foundation for my future. A year ago this was not possible for girls to go at 19 and now it is. I often wonder why now? Why the year I turn 19? BECAUSE I and many other girls are supposed to help hasten the work and serve our Lord NOW! I can't wait for this opportunity for I know it will be one of the most challenging experiences of my life but by far one of the most rewarding. Ahh! I still freak out occasionally and say to myself "I'm going to Korea to serve my Lord. Is this real life?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment