Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Decision to Serve

As many know or do not know when the announcement of the age change for missionaries came I was currently in Watamu, Kenya on a service opportunity with my older sister. When I heard about the age change I could not believe it. I had continuously thought about the possibility of going on a mission my entire life but waiting until 21 when I would be right in the middle of school was the downfall. As the age change occurred I was currently 18 and just graduated from high school. I was planning on attending Brigham Young University-Idaho the winter and spring of 2013. I did follow that plan and enjoyed every minute of it. In the back of my mind was still the thought of "Am I supposed to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" Well after an entire semester of pondering that question and my bishop nagging me on when I would be submitting my papers I decided that I would let my patriarchal blessing guide me. I had not yet received this valuable tool. In fact I had gone through two recommends and pondered about when I should receive my patriarchal blessing for three years. I did not do this because I did not feel worthy or was not worthy but I simply felt I was not ready so I waited for three full years. Finally, on April 5 2013 I called my Stake Patriarch and set up an appointment for April 14, 2013.
Sunday April 14, 2013 finally came and I was nervous. I did not know what to expect. I just knew I was going into my blessing asking my Heavenly Father if I was supposed to serve a mission. I entered the building and had my dear parents come with me. The Patriarch took my recommend and had a concerned look on his face. He said "You have had this recommend for a while haven't you?" Yes my third recommend dated back August of 2012. This immediately got my attention and I was afraid I was not going to be able to receive my patriarchal blessing. Luckily the Patriarch felt good about giving me my blessing and continued. He asked me to say the opening prayer. The second I stood up I was overwhelmed by the Spirit. It was so strong. I could hardly get through the prayer with out completely breaking down in tears. Throughout my blessing I realized and was assured how much my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me. The Patriarch's voice at the beginning of the prayer was so powerful and comforting as I could feel his worthiness as a priesthood holder. About the second paragraph into my blessing I received my answer plain as day. The patriarch's powerful voice said "You will be called to the Lord's full time service." I knew immediately exactly what I was supposed to do. I, Ciarra Jean Driscoll, am serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Receiving my patriarchal blessing was a huge turning point in my life. I can honestly say it was the most spiritual experience I had ever had. After leaving feeling so comforted by the Spirit I called my Bishop to set up an appointment to begin my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment