Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Entering the House of the Lord



Wednesday August 14, 2013 I had the amazing opportunity to receive my endowment at the Idaho Falls Temple. First off  I was extremely nervous to go. I did not know what to expect and thought I would be very overwhelmed. I had done all the temple preparation lessons and read the Pearl of Great Price to prepare but still I was scared and feeling inadequate to enter the House of the Lord. I came to the conclusion that Satan was inside my head giving me feelings of doubt because of course he does not want me to go. I knew I had done all the things my stake president had recommended and more to prepare to enter the temple so I do not think I could have been more prepared. Being able to pass through with a temple recommend was one of the most exciting moments, knowing I was worthy to be in the House of the Lord. I didn't understand everything nor did I soak in a lot of the information but what I do remember is the peace and comfort I felt inside the House of the Lord. It was truly amazing. Words cannot explain the feelings the temple brings into ones life. When I went into the bathroom before the endowment session I looked at myself in the mirror all dressed in white and just cried. I was overcome by the Spirit and knew I was doing exactly what I needed to be doing. I could not believe I was inside the temple receiving my gift from God. This was something I had always dreamed of as a little girl and here I was making a dream of mine come true. As I continued through the session I was intrigued by everything. By the end I was on a spiritual high. I thought I would have been so overwhelmed with all the information presented in the temple but I was not I was truly at peace. I was so happy to have shared this experience with my grandparents, parents, my brother and his wife. Although my Grandma Margo has passed on I know she was there with my Grandpa Earl supporting me on this special day. I feel so blessed to have had such a positive experience at the temple and cannot wait to continue to go so I can continue to learn. I know that the temple is going to prepare me for my mission and I am glad I was able to go so early before I leave.  It was truly an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment