Heart Mind and Seoul Korea

Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Letter - 3/31/14

Dear Family and Friends, 
Everytime I sit down to email I have no idea what to share, my mind draws a blank because I want to share so much but Whoa! I cannot believe another week has come and gone! Each Sunday I ask my companion "Is it really Sunday again?" I have been told as the transfers pass the weeks go by faster and faster! It is so weird how time works! This week was so good though. Spring is coming and the weather is just beautiful! Korea is filled with flowers and trees. Right now all the cherry blossoms are beginning to bloom and I can't even tell you how pretty it is. I am so excited for the weather.
 
This past week we had dinner with a member and guess what she has as pets..You won't be able to guess haha so I will just tell you. She has 3 hedgehogs and I got to hold one. They are the weirdest things on the planet. I was actually quite scared of it but don't worry it didn't hurt me. I am not a huge fun of little rat type pets but I did get a picture with it so I feel pretty cool.
 
 Also this week we had an "end of Mini MTC activity" and fireside with the youth where the young women went with a set of sister misisonaries and spent about an hour and a half with them doing missionary work. At the end of the acitivity one of the young women told Sister Kang that she was thinking about a mission and didn't think she wanted to go but after her experience through Mini MTC and being with the missionaries she decided she really wanted to be a missionary. What a miracle and blessing! That was the purpose of the mini MTC. At the fireside everyone who participated in the Mini MTC bore their testimonies and shared their experiences from Mini MTC. The Spirit was so strong in my heart and I realized that although Sister Kang and I don't have many investigators we have helped convert the youth in our ward. What more could I ask for? The youth are such a strength to me and I love this area I am serving in.
 
This past week we visited a ton of Less Actives but the problem is that they never open the door or they are never home. It is so sad to see how many less actives are in my area. Sister Kang and I have 3 binders full of less active records. It hurts my heart but hopefully by our little acts of kindness and message cards we leave for them they will feel of our love. While visiting less actives we talk to lots of people on the street and one particualr lady I talked to was just hilarious. I ran into her at a stop light and talked to her until the light changed and said have a nice day because I wasn't sure where Sister Kang and I were headed next. I then realized we were following her and that I should have continued talking to her but she was long gone. I was so sad but then at about 2 stops down there she was again and this time we talked to her. She absolutley adored me and kept saying so pretty because I am american. She was so full of energy. She told me we were going to make a good relationship and wouldn't stop hugging me. So we ended up getting her number and hopefully we will meet with her this week. I just feel so blessed that Heavenly Father gave me another chance to talk to her because that definitely does not happen often. She made my day 100 times better. It's amazing how Heavenly Father puts certain people in my path as a missionary.  Talking to people on the street is getting easier and easier but I often have no idea what they are saying to me I just talk and talk even if they are ignoring me.  I am sure they are thinking "Crazy foreigner just be quiet." haha But its fun to talk to people. Although I have limited words I try my best and keep on keeping on.

Studying this week was so great! I was able to read the wonderful missionary stories of the Sons of Mosiah. Yep I want to be like them. Did you know that they preached the gospel for 14 years!? Yeah I did not know that and I thought 18 months was a long time. What I love though is that their purpose is the exact same as my purpose right now as a missionary to bring souls to repentance which then draws them closer to Christ. It just truly shows that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. I want to be like the Sons of Mosiah and be made an instrument in the Lord's hands. I know as I am patient, obedient, and an example God will make me and instrument in His hands. That is all I desire and I know I can always go forth in courage because the Lord is on my side. One of the most important things I learned from the Sons of Mosiah missionary experience is that we must go through trials in order to recognize the blessings. Aaron went through a huge amount of trials but after going through them with patience the Spirit led him to a people that would believe on the Lord's words. I know as I continues in patience the Lord will bless me and I will give Him success. This work is not my work nor is it my success, it is the Lord's. The Sons of Mosiah had all kinds of trials but through their patience, diligence, obedience, and faith they became instruments in the hand of the Lord.
 
Right now as a missionary I am in the Lord's hands and I know He is watching out for me. I am so blessed each day with little blessings and I love being a missionary. I love this work and couldn't be happier being a missionary in Korea. It is the hardest ever but the relationship I am gaining with my Heavnly Father is more than worth it. I love this gospel and know that it is true. I love my Savior and know that He lives. I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He loves me and each of you. Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support in my behalf. I love and miss each of you. Remember to keep smiling because Everyday is a good day if you believe it!!! Have a great week!!
 
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment