Family and Friends,
Well first off before I got on with the transfer information, I want to share a story that I experienced last night. So Sister Kang and I have started a Scripture Study class for the youth who currently are preparing for missions in the ward. We study Preach My Gospel and the scriptures for about 2 hours every Sunday. It is such a good time and I learn so much. Last night we were studying Questions of the Soul in The Book of Mormon Section of Preach my Gospel and each chose a question to study. I chose “Does God know me and is He aware of me?” I of course know that yes He is aware of me and my personal circumstances but after studying that I was able to have a really cool experience on our way home to know that He truly is aware of me even in the smallest of circumstances. We received a 20 kg (@44 pound) bag of rice yesterday from a member and I had to carry it home (Yay for carrying hay bales and bags of grain all the time--benefit of a farm girl). While I was carrying it I had to get on the bus and scan my travel card so I did and all was well. When we arrived at our stop I hurried and scanned my travel card to get off and then went back and picked up the big bag of rice. I carried the rice in the rain for our 10 minute walk to our little home. When I got home I realized that I didn't have my travel card. Oh no. what did I do with it? I couldn't remember if I put it in my pocket or set it on the seat of the bus but Sister Kang was kind enough and said let’s go look for it. I secretly thought there is no way I am going to find this card in the rain, in the dark, on the path that we walk but we went and searched anyway. I kept saying Heavenly Father I know this is a small matter but please help me find my travel card. We walked almost all the way back to the bus stop and I am about to tell Sister Kang lets go back because we aren't going to be able to find it. As soon as I thought that, there was my little travel card all wet on the sidewalk. It truly was a miracle not a huge one but it strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of me even in the smallest of circumstances. He does answer prayers and He does always listen. So that's my story.
Transfer time. We received transfer calls Friday night. I was so nervous because it was my first call that something actually was going to happen. President Morrise called and said Sister Kang you will transfer and Sister Driscoll your new companion will be Sister Ward. And fun fact Sister Ward was also Sister Kang's second companion. I have only heard good things about her so I am really excited. But the minute President said that I would be staying I thought oh my goodness. I can't do this. I can't stay. I can't be the senior in the area. But as I prayed that night and continued my time in my area 화곡 I felt more at peace and realized that the Lord trusts me with this area and I still have work to do here with my new companion Sister Ward. I was able to pray and say "I will go where you want me to go." So I have another transfer in my amazing ward and this amazing area!!!!
This week as far as missionary work was rough. Satan is really working hard on the people around here especially with our investigators as every single appointment was cancelled due to different reasons. I was so sad. But knowing that Satan is working so hard makes me want to work even harder and gives me more motivation to find those prepared people that the Lord puts in our path everyday.
Also a lot of fun things happened this week. Friday and Saturday were by far the best. Friday we had a Mission Conference because Sister Linda K. Burton came to Korea (General Relief Society President). Her and her husband were the last mission presidents of the Seoul West Mission that was closed in 2010. So we were able to have a special training by her Friday morning in which I learned so much and was able to see so many of my friends from the MTC. I also loved hearing from Brother Burton, the first thing he said was "Cherish the Moment." That immediately brought me back to my dad always telling us to live in the moment. Cherish the moment and become a missionary and then stay a missionary. Remember that from now on and forever you are a disciple of Jesus Christ. We must always remember that so we can act, live and be like one. We focused on the scripture 3 Nephi 5:13 which explains exactly who we are and what we are to do. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. You are a Disciple of Jesus Christ. This call is a gift to each of us from our Heavenly Father so rise up and become the disciple that our Father in Heaven and Savior see in you. Saturday was a special fireside for all member and the best thing about that was Seoul missionaries were also able to come so I was able to see Sister Anderson my MTC companion and so many others from the MTC. I love that missionary family I am making and am so blessed.
I can't believe 2 tranfers have come and gone. I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with my Heavenly Fathers is much stronger then I could ever imagine. I am so sad to see Sister Kang go. I learned so much through my experiences with her but now it’s time to continue learning. I will forever be grateful for the lessons she taught me and the love she showed me. I know that Heavenly Father puts people in your life for a reason and I know that Sister Kang and I were companions for a reason. I am so full of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for being aware of my needs and teaching me the lessons I need to learn. I love this gospel I love being a missionary and I love serving the Lord. Thank you for all your prayers, love and support. I couldn't do this without you. I hope you all have an amazing week. Keep smiling and believing that everyday is a good day! Life is amazing and it is short so live it up and enjoy the moment. I love and miss each of you dearly! Have a great week!
Love,
드리스컬자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment