Family and Friends,
Well I want to start by wishing my amazing big sister Mallory a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Happy birthday Mallory wish I could be there to celebrate but I know you can do it without me! I have the best older sister in the world if any of you didn't know that. She has consistently watched out for me and stuck up for me. We have been through so much and gone through so many life changing adventures. She is truly amazing so wish her a happy birthday on the great day of April 9!
Another week has come and gone here in the country of South Korea. The weather is warming up and the cherry blossoms are really blooming. It is going to be a beautiful spring and hot summer! I am slowly learning the way of the missionary life and slowly, slowly getting a handle on the language. This week was busy but not all at the same time. Missionary time is strange but I am just living each day and doing the best I can because that's all I can do, right?! This week I decided on my mission motto. This motto actually came from one of my dear father's letters and it is "Go & Do, Go & Be, Go & Love". I decided on this because I am here in Korea to do the Lord's work by being me and by loving. I know that through being myself, through loving the people and through surrendering to the Lord's will my missionary experience will be the most rewarding and life changing experience. I mean it already is but with this motto it is truly going to enhance and improve this very special opportunity.
Tuesday Sister Kang and I made our way to Sonpa, where the mission office is for Missionary Leadership Council because Sister Kang is the Sister Training leader in my Zone. While traveling there we took the subway and let me tell you one thing about the Korean subway around 8 in the morning. IT IS PACKED!!! I mean you can't even move a muscle. I thought I was going to get smashed! While trying to get onto a subway when we were transferring I almost didn't make it and had to jump on to Sister Kang and just pray I wasn't going to get squished in the door. It was quite the experience. That whole day was really great though because I was able to hangout with all my sisters from the MTC. They are all doing great and we are all in the same boat of just having no idea what is going on but just taking each day at a time striving to do our best. Being a missionary is great! Somedays I can't help but think what was I thinking? I can't do this which is true I can't but the Lord can. I strive to rely on Him everyday and do my best everyday to fulfill His purpose.
Thursday was Temple day!!! Ahh I cannot tell you how much I love the temple. I feel so blessed to have that opportunity to go each transfer. The Seoul temple is so pretty and just small. It is truly a special place and I just smile everytime I walk up the big hill and can see Angel Moroni in the sky because then I know I am almost home. The temple right now is as close to home as I can get and the peace I feel there is indescribable. I hope each of you who have temple recommends take the opportunity to go as often as possible and those who don't I hope you are preparing yourself because it is the most peaceful place you could ever be as your forget the world and just focus on our Heavenly Father and His blessings He promises to give us.
Saturday Sister Kang and I had an amazing lesson with our investigator 심승연 who is 19. We weren't able to establish who was going to teach what until we walked out the door and I was told that I would be teaching baptism, Mosiah 18:8-10, and giving the baptismal date commitment. Can you say stress!! I had no time to prepare but guess what--I was able to do it because Sister Kang and I truly taught with the spirit and in unity. We have been meeting with her since I arrived in Korea. She is super quiet but all she desires is to follow Jesus Christ. We had a baptismal date my first week in Korea with her but challenges arose and we had to postpone. Saturday we recommitted her to a date and she really pondered the question. She said she would think about the date. The lesson we taught was completely guided by the Spirit though because in my simple Korean she was able to understand what was being said as I bore testimony. I reassured her that her desire is to follow Jesus Christ and she nodded her head. She really thinks and ponders each of our questions. She is such a blessing. She comes to church every week with a member and loves it. When we finished our lesson Sister Kang and I were so happy because of the spirit we felt. It was an amazing experience.
So much happened this week and I apologize for my scattered thoughts. I am learning so much from this experience and know as I pray for strength the Lord will give it to me. Each day I feel myself growing closer and closer to my Savior and becoming more and more converted. I am grateful to be a missionary. I am grateful to be a happy missionary. I know it is shaping me into the person Heavenly Father wants me to be and knows I can be. I love my Father in Heaven and know He is there for me listening to my heart and my prayers. All the sweat stress, tears trials, joys and smiles are worth it. The Lord has not let me down and I know He never will.
I love and miss each of you thank you for your prayers, love and support in my behalf. I hope you are enjoying the spring weather. Continue to be happy, smile and love life. Keep Smiling!
Love,
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
No comments:
Post a Comment