Family and Friends,
Can you believe we are half way though April? I know I continue to say this but time is really flying. Last P-day Sister Kang and the 2 other Sisters who I live with went to Han River Park and rode bicycles. It was such a blast! You should have seen Sister Kang and I working together on our double person bike. It was quite difficult though because Korean bikes are tiny so my legs were almost hitting the handle bars the whole time! It was quite the site to see! The weather is just turning out beautifully! The cherry blossoms are now going away though, which I am so sad about, but all the other flowers are blooming making the land very colorful and beautiful.
This week I had the great opportunity to finally watch General Conference. I was able to watch the Saturday Sessions and Women's Conference in English but Sunday sessions I had to watch in Korean. I had never looked forward to Conference so much in my entire life. On Saturday all the missionaries from my zone gathered together at my area church, the stake center, and watched the Saturday sessions together. As I watched these sessions I was continually reassured of the truthfulness of this gospel and the need to defend our beliefs and let our faith show. I repeat Elder Holland's question "Is it worth it to take a courageous stand?" Yes!!! It is worth it! "Remember that all men have their fears but those who face them with faith have courage too." (Russell M. Nelson). Our faith and beliefs are safe when we build upon our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the one we can trust. He continually invites us to come unto Him. That is His only request. Come unto the Savior, defend Him, and have faith in Him.
Sister Kang printed a talk out this week by Jeffrey R. Holland called “Come Unto Him”, in which I studied. I learned so much in which I want to share. Our Savior Jesus Christ has engraved us into the palms of His hands. He will never turn His back on us. When He invites us to come unto Him and follow Him "He means that He knows where the quicksand is, where the thorns are and the best way to handle the slippery summit. He knows it all! He knows the way! He is the way!" Jesus Christ is our friend He is running toward us as we come to Him. We may pass through so many hard things but He is always standing by our side and as our focus is on Him we have no need to fear.
The Savior is the way to everlasting happiness. He loves each of us so much that He laid down His life for us and suffered for not only our sins but our afflictions, frustrations, and trials so that He could run to our side and know how to help us. I love the Savior with all my heart. I am growing closer to Him everyday as I participate in this great work. I know Jesus Christ lives and that He is my brother. I know I am a child of our loving Heavenly Father and so are you. Heavenly Father loves you for you always remember that. I am learning about that everyday as I try to be myself in the foreign land and language.
Thank you for all your prayers, support and love. I am so privileged to be a part of this great work and to have this time to learn and grow closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father. I love this gospel and know it is true. I love being a missionary and all the adventures that go on each day. I hope each of you have a great week and remember to keep smiling! Life is beautiful and it is short so be happy while it lasts!!! Love you and miss you all!!!
Love
드리스콜자매
Sister Ciarra Jean Driscoll
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
Heart Mind and Seoul Korea
I am 19 years old and called to serve in the Korea Seoul South Mission as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would like to thank all who have shown their love and support throughout this life changing journey of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment